Monday, July 9, 2012

Recycling Old Crates Into Side Tables



I found these old crates up at my family's ranch. I thought it was so cool that they had "Timbuktu Station" branded into the wood on two sides. So I picked out a couple of them and decided to board up one side and turn them into side tables. I cut 2x4s down so they could be laid across the top in a wood slat position. I sanded down any excessively rough edges, and then used wood glue to fix them into place. I burned a "Timbuktu Station" logo similar to the brand across the top using my craft wood burner. Then I used a satin finish lacquer to seal in the design and give it that clean finish. I then followed that up by drilling in black screws along the top to give it a nice trim. This project was a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment